KENNETH W. DAWSON
Chief Operations Officer (C.O.O.)
McCormick Dawson CPG, Ltd
Kenneth W. Dawson is a manufacturing Professional with a MBA degree, versatile leadership experiences blending Production and Materials responsibilities. His background features advanced strategies in Supplier selection to include international supply agreements, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Supply Chain Management with LTA plans, Demand Flow, Kanban, ISO and QS environments.
Ken’s accomplishments demonstrate a diverse business acumen and strengths in: strategic planning; cost reduction initiatives; goal setting/achievement; quantitative and budgeting skills; and maximizing teams through training, mentoring and listening skills. He is personally flexible for success in both large and closely held environments.
Chief Procurement Officer
Logistics and Supply Chain Executive, 2012 – 2016
Green Bay, Wisconsin Area
Manufacturing Executive in Global Procurement, Supply Chain, Operations Excellence
Integrity Leader with successful background building world-class organizations; business acumen in leadership development, strategic analysis, and supplier excellence.
G.E. University Graduate with a track record of developing leaders and creating innovative sourcing solutions for a diverse set of companies large and small. Versatile leadership experiences include: team coaching and development with emphasis on training, mentoring, and listening. Diverse production operations, contract negotiations, and supplier relationship development. Demonstrates a diverse business acumen with strengths in: road map development, project management, strategic planning, cost reduction initiatives; goal setting/achievement; quantitative and budgeting skills; and data analysis to drive goals. Poised for success in both large and closely held environments with multiple value streams and product groups. Certified Green Belt in DMAIC Lean-Six Sigma methodology.
Experience includes: International supplier development to drive cost deflation in China, India, Taiwan, Mexico and throughout Europe serving on an international team to drive projects. Tier 1 automotive experience with GM, Honda, and Chrysler, Motorcycle and recreational vehicle industries. Additional experience in Long term supply agreements, implemented successful Advanced Supply Chain Management strategies with Demand Flow, Kanban, Consignment programs, and vending systems, within ISO and QS environments. Developed Strategic Road Maps based on quality and spend data. Developed Supply Chain/procurement metrics package to monitor daily progress and impact. Implemented thoughtful data based inventory reduction plans. Operations and Plant Leadership roles including both union and non-union leadership. Master Plant scheduling experience. Sound judgment and reasoned decision making to improve overall operations and bottom line return. Noted for relationship building with solid durable working relationships in internal and external stakeholder cultures. Experienced in Sales and Operation Planning sessions; ERP system knowledges- (Oracle-Syteline-SAP-Infor XA, Supplier Exchange, Nocturne, AS 400).
Barry Wehmiller Company, Inc. $6B Sales. – Paper Converting Machine Div. Green Bay, WI (2011 to Present)
Supply Chain Executive: Paper converting machinery manufacturer with $260M in sales, $75M + spend, 800 + employees, multi-plant locations with both Union and Non-Union operations engaged in large paper converting press manufacturing.
- Key Accomplishments: World Class Performance Standards with 3.7 Sigma Supplier Quality
- Overall leadership responsibilities for a multi-plant environment for all supply chain functions, both direct and indirect spend.
- Established strategic initiatives with an annual detailed spend analysis by commodity and supplier for rationalization of future spending and establish goals for cost reduction targets, lead-time reduction targets, and supplier elimination / consolidation.
- Achieved $1.8M in cost reduction and $2.7M in ongoing project cost reduction over a three-year period due to improved business practices and strategy implementation.
- Established a weekly cost variance report to monitor and benchmark cost performance against standard.
- Improved OTD by 20% by reducing both late and early deliveries along with scorecard process.
- Implemented a supplier Internet based portal system with an ASN receipt process.
- Automated handling equipment, electrical and electronic components, large and small-machined parts, large fabricated components, castings, hardware, plastics, and various mechanical and electrical commercial assemblies as well as all MRO and supplies and corporate services.
- Drove long-term inventory reductions through consignment programs and lower lead-times and controllership in shop expenses.
- Implemented 8D corrective action process and formal supplier deviation process.
GENERAL ELECTRIC – Oil & Gas Div. $10B business segment of GE Energy Group, Oshkosh, WI (2006 to 2011)
Strategic Sourcing Leader: Led High Speed Recip. business unit Sourcing team, overall sales at this location of $150M. $70M in spend in HSR, 220 employees. Produces compressors for major oil companies, industrial chemical manufacturers, and packagers worldwide.
- Key Accomplishments
- Identified and implemented cost reduction initiatives worldwide that drove $4M in cost reductions over 3-year period.
- Drove reduction in backlog of NCR material recovering $1MM in defective material bill backs to suppliers, receiving a GE corporate award for this achievement.
- Achieved overall 90% on time delivery to need from 50%.
- Strategic Member of the plant leadership S&OP leadership review.
- Led, identified and developed key global suppliers in India and China for castings and machining as part of the cost successes.
- Strategic leader on the global commodity review board for commodity playbook deployment.
- Developed and implemented Supply Chain strategies for “Best Practices” for all out-sourced material processes associated with castings, forgings, machined components and hardware including motors, pumps, couplings, and assemblies.
HB PERFORMANCE SYSTEMS, INC. $200M Sales, Mequon, Wisconsin (2001 to 2006)
Director of Procurement: Tier 1 manufacturer of brake systems for Harley Davidson motorcycles, Polaris snowmobiles, Arctic Cat ATVs, John Deere lawn and garden equipment, and other off road farm and construction equipment with $120 MM in sales, $46 M spend in castings, friction material, plastic, rubber, and steel annually through a staff of four buyers.
- Key Accomplishments
- Leader of several million dollars in annual tooling contracts with multiple suppliers for Harley Davidson that included annual reports presented at the H-D plants.
- Set up international supply agreements for castings and brake pad assemblies as well as other brake components in Italy, France, The Netherlands and Taiwan.
- Negotiated LTA’s, which included built-in annual cost reductions for top 5 suppliers and for annual aluminum and steel contracts.
- Consolidated supply base by developing tier 2 machine and paint suppliers to pair with existing casting suppliers.
- Developed supply chain Kanban systems to streamline product flow, saving $250K annually.
- Operating under a QS environment, handled all new part/supplier PPAP and ISIR documentation through approvals.
- Achieved 95% OTD.
- Project Management
- Lean Management
- Corporate Finance
- Supply Chain Management
European Foundation for Quality Management Facilitation 2001
Larry Halt Advanced Executive Leadership and Management 2002
- GE University Crotonville, NY. Manager Development Course 2008
- GE Change Agent Leader 2008 (CAP)
- GE Green Belt 2008
- GE Employee Inclusiveness Training 2008
- GE Project Management Leadership 2009
- GE Change Acceleration Program 2009
- GE Document Creator Designation 2009
- BW Communications Leadership Training 2012
- BW Culture of Service Training 2013
- Barry Wehmiller University, St. Louis, MO: Leadership Program 2015
- Green Bay, WI Chapter: Servant Leadership Training 2013
- Green Belt certified in Lean/ Six Sigma (Reg#262453-278788)
- Manager Development Course (Crotonville, NY 2008)
- Change Agent Leader (Crotonville, NY 2008)
- Employee Inclusiveness Training (Crotonville, NY 2008)
- Project Management Leadership (Crotonville, NY 2009)
- Change Acceleration Program (Crotonville, NY 2009)
- MBA Regis University, Denver, CO 2004
- BS, Business Administration/Labor Management, University of Wisconsin Parkside 1979
- BW University Leadership, St. Louis, MO 2015
- GE University, Crotonville, NY 2008
- Global Supply Chain Council
- GE: Green Belt- DMAIC Six Sigma Quality. Reg#262453-278788
- Professional Project Management
"Along with the successful implementation of ASN notifications, consignment and Kanban programs, and supplier vending systems, Ken and his team also established an extensive tracking and key metrics platform that directly resulted in improved on time delivery, cost and inventory reductions, and overall supplier and departmental performance, while becoming a benchmark platform for which other divisions gauge their systems and processes in both the Supply Chain and Operations arena."
Mark A Green
Vice President, Global Supply Chain
>> View Mark Green's full letter of recommendation here.